BULLYING PREVENTION I: St. Louis Region
Train with Stan Davis
Building Supportive, Connected Schools: Preventing Bullying, Preventing Harm
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Site to be announced
Note: We encourage school teams, including an administrator, to attend this session and join an online community that will share policies, surveys, progress and results. If you attended Stan Davis' training last year you will want Bullying Prevention II on October 16.
REGISTER FOR OUR WORKSHOPS HERE (listed by date)
Presenter, Stan Davis
Presenter: Stan Davis,
• International authority in bullying prevention
• Educator, Counselor, Researcher, Author:
• Schools Where Everyone Belongs
• Empowering Bystanders in Bully Prevention
Description: Stan Davis has trained education professionals in the U.S., Canada, Africa and India in research-based, whole-school processes that reduce bullying. With 40 years of experience as a social worker and school counselor, he trained with Norway's Dan Olweus, America's Dorothea Ross and Carol Dweck (Mindset), and Australia's Ken Rigby. For the past 15 years he has been leading the field in relevant research and training that gets results. He partnered with Dr. C. Nixon in one of the most comprehensive studies in the field, involving surveys and insights from 13,000 students.
Stan will focus on
Download a pdf of the powerpoint.
• What works? What doesn't work?
• Collecting and using survey data
• Peer norming: Building on the positive
• Increasing connectedness and kind behavior
• Identifying bullying actions with student voice
• Identifying adult roles and responsibilities
• Developing a rubric-based system of consequences
CHARACTERplus Members: Free Click here for a list of Members
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, (314)692-1222