Restorative Practices takes schools invested in School Culture to the next level, extending the reach of character education to those disconnected through harm.
- Restorative Practices reduce discipline, suspension and drop-out rates
- Address the educational priorities identified in the Ferguson Report
- Support trauma-informed schools and cultural proficiency.
The process, motivated by ethics and equity…
- is whole-school, deepening the way all students experience community
- enhances traditional discipline rather than replaces it
- provides the voice of those harmed to be heard
- focuses on authentic accountability, repairing harm and restoring relationships
Teams will learn from those who have successfully implemented Restorative Practices:
- National leaders from Oakland, CA
- Local administrators leading the movement in their school or district
We’ve brought these assets together in a four-part Academy.
Tuesday, February 26
Tuesday, April 9